What are the skin problems that kids and teenagers face?
Just because a child’s skin looks and feels softer than adult skin does not mean it is immune to skin problems. Below are some of the problems that young skin can face.
- The impurities in the environment definitely take their toll on kids’ skin too. Kids play outdoors a lot and the build-up of dirt and sweat on the skin’s layer can give rise to skin problems.
- As kids grow up into teenagers, they go through hormonal changes. The manifestation of these changes is in the form of acne and pimples on the skin. Timely attention to these problems and good skin care can go a long way in minimizing the negative effects of hormonal changes on the skin.
- Teenaged girls can get fascinated with all the possibilities that makeup offers. But choosing the wrong products can harm the skin. Also, if the makeup products are not removed from the skin properly, they can cause skin breakouts and other problems.
- Skincare products can sometimes contain ingredients that aggravate the skin. Also, lots of skin care products today contain harmful chemicals that are carcinogenic or endocrine disrupting. These products can have extremely negative effects on the skin and body.
- Since kids are outdoors a lot, their skin is susceptible to sun damage. While hot and harsh summers can be hard on the skin, the exposure to UV rays can be high even during winters and monsoons.
Good skincare starting at an early age is a necessity
Not everybody is blessed with naturally glowing skin that repairs and heals itself. Good skincare habits should be inculcated from a young age which makes it easy on them after they grow up.
Our skin is the largest organ in our bodies and it acts as a barrier against the toxins present in the environment. The beauty benefits of good skin are well-known. But a healthy skin also inhibits the entry of germs inside the body. Hence, good care of the skin should not be compromised.
Cleio Beauty offers safe and non-toxic skincare products for teens, kids, and babies. We recommend that kids use baby skincare products until their pre-teen years, once they attain pre-teen years depending on the individual's child's skin use skincare products meant for teens. Pre-teens are in the transition stage and their skin needs attention.